For anyone planning an upcoming gathering—whether at home, the office, or even an event centre—it’s crucial to consider the aftermath. While fun, these events are often messy affairs, and planning ahead can help make the post-entertainment cleaning much more straightforward.
Tips for Carpet Protection
With your next social gathering in mind, follow these simple rules to make the party and the clean-up a breeze!
- Provide More Bins– A few small purchases can go a long way before the celebration starts. Buy a few extra medium to large bins for your guests and place them throughout the entertainment area. If a container is prominently in view, people are much more likely to throw away things they will no longer use.
- Put Out Extra Furniture – It’s not just bins your guests will need but also additional table space. Setting out another table or two will benefit you in the long run—giving people more room for cups and plates can help reduce the risk of spills.
- Give Parameters to Your Party – Some events are in contained spaces, and for a good reason—it gives you less to clean up if your guests stay in one general area. If throwing a party at your house, keep guests in areas with large spaces to move around, such as the kitchen, living room or outdoor patio. Leave bathroom doors open for easy access, and either close doors or block off areas to keep guests away. In the office, choose one large conference room for your event.
- Use Additional Rugs – No matter how careful you might be, accidents can happen. Lay extra rugs—like door mats or runners—in your spaces to help maintain your original floors. You can also ask guests to wipe their shoes on the mat before entering or even take them off at the door.
- Clean as You Go – The easiest way to prepare for the aftermath? Use the time during the party to take care of the mess. When walking through rooms or around tables, pick up discarded litter and dispose of it throughout the event. This task only takes a few minutes at a time, and it helps you make the rounds and engage in conversations as you move. You’ll look like the excellent host you are!
These minor but critical tips will help make your next party plan and clean-up a breeze.
Bring In the Professionals
Providing extra bins, purchasing extra rugs, and maintaining cleanliness during the party will ensure you’ll have even less to do later. However, sometimes it’s best to bring in the experts.
If you’re in western Australia, you’re in luck—you can find an excellent carpet cleaning professional in Perth and the surrounding areas quickly and effortlessly. These friendly and knowledgeable specialists can provide various services, from steam-cleaning, grout cleaning and even upholstery cleaning services. With slight preparation and an expert team, you can confidently plan your events with excitement and ease.