Adding a carpet is a beautiful addition to any room, but knowing the right type to choose can be challenging. Which types of carpets are cost-friendly, easy to clean or resistant to stains? When you install a carpet in your home, you want one that will look aesthetically pleasing while keeping your cost and maintenance work down.
This is an even more crucial necessity for those with children or pets. In this article, we will cover some of the best types of carpets for easy cleaning and maintenance.
Choosing the Carpet That’s Smart For You
All families have different requirements, but these carpet types will appeal to any crowd. These lower maintenance types still provide comfort and a touch of luxury to your home.
- Berber Carpets: This carpet style is one of the easiest to clean. The woven pattern and tight loops help keep dirt levels at a minimum and can handle high amounts of foot traffic. Because of their easy cleanliness and durability, you’ll see Berber carpets commonly in public buildings like offices and schools. Berber carpets are typically treated with a stain-resistant solution, requiring even less maintenance than other types. Upkeep is simple with a low-moisture cleaning, only necessary every 6-12 months. The hand-woven rug look is a chic complement to any room.
- Wool: Not only are wool carpets durable and resistant to stains, they are comfortable and add a touch of luxury to any living space. Wool’s soft and plush feel will surely please any barefooted individual to cross the room. Because they are a natural and opaque product, they hide soil or debris better than most competitors. While natural wool is more expensive than synthetic, its long-lasting durability and easy spot treatment make this carpet type a natural choice for low-maintenance care.
- Polyester: Polyester carpets are a great choice due to their oil-based nature, making them ideal for water-based spills, food stains or urine. These carpets are some of the most popular on the market, offering comfort and style. While they can absorb body oils quite easily, they are just as easy to remove—regular vacuuming and carpet steam cleaning will have these carpets back to their best shape in no time.
- Nylon: Like wool carpets, nylon is often praised for its long-lasting, durable qualities. Nylon efficiently retains its shape regardless of natural treading. The texture and look stays consistent for years to come. The stain treatment installation helps keep nylon carpets resistant to spills and stains, making them perfect for dining or kitchen areas. Regular vacuum cleaning and the occasional steam cleaning treatment will keep your carpets looking fresh and new.
Carpets easily bring comfort and class to any home. With the right type and care, you’ll be sure to impress guests for years to come.
Cleaning Your Carpet Efficiently for Long-Lasting Results
Even with a stain-resistant or low-maintenance carpet, these styles still require regular upkeep. Make sure your carpets last with these simple tips.
- Follow the Instructions: It seems obvious, but it’s important to note—different carpets will require other methods to keep them clean. When installing your carpets, speak to your manufacturer for tips and follow them. The experts will know best how to properly care for your specific carpet style and help save you money and stress in the long run.
- Spot Clean Quickly: Spills will always happen, and you won’t always be able to prevent them. However, you can ensure that the spill doesn’t cause lasting damage to your carpet. For any spills or stains, immediately spot clean for the best results. Pat the area with a paper towel or cloth, and then use your carpet stain remover right away to help mitigate any permanent damage.
- Vacuum Regularly: The best way to keep up your maintenance is to vacuum at least weekly, if not twice a week. In areas of high foot traffic, clean these areas often to keep carpets looking fresh. Vacuuming is one of the most effective methods for carpet upkeep.
- Invest In a Deep Clean: For the best results, hire a professional deep cleaner once or twice a year to help remove stains, dirt or debris. These professional services have specialised equipment and knowledge to thoroughly clean all carpets.
Clean Carpets, Happy Houses
The right carpet type can do wonders for your home. Carpets can add an element of class or bring a sense of cosiness to a room. With household maintenance and the occasional professional help, your carpets will stay clean and inviting for years. Boas Cleaning Services offers high-quality cleaning seven days a week for all your deep-cleaning carpet needs. No matter the time of day, we are here to provide excellent service at an affordable price. Contact us today to help bring back the lustre to your carpets.